Well, we’ve come to the end of our series on change. I hope they have been helpful to you.
When a butterfly becomes a butterfly it has to let go of who it was, and where it’s been, to move forward. In fact, to fly! If the butterfly chose to hold on to what ‘bound’ it, it’d never learn to fly.
Life is really about freedom, freedom to be who we are created to be, yet so many of us are bound by fear or situations that keep us from living free and full lives, from moving forward and pursuing our dreams. We are locked in our own prisons, and my desire as a coach is to see you set free, find your purpose, and live the life of your dreams.
The coaching relationship is like the cocoon. In this safe place I hope I have helped you discover more of who you truly are, and that your dreams and desires have been awakened, and that I have helped you take the action needed to take hold of life in all it’s fullness.
I hope I have helped you gain some awareness of what has been stopping or hindering you from living your best life, those things that have kept you in bondage and that must be put aside, things from your ‘old’ life, to embrace the ‘new’.
I hope I have helped you in this process of change and transformation, and that you feel closer to knowing who you are, and what you are created to do, the contribution to the world that only you can give. I hope you are closer to the place where you can fly free into all that life has for you. My desired outcome for you has always been freedom… freedom to be who you were created to be, and freedom to pursue the purpose you were born for! I hope I have done that.
In this post, I’d like to provide you with some tips on moving forward :
- Celebrate your accomplishments. Too often we focus on what we don’t have, or what we haven’t done, and that is not at all helpful to us. I encourage you to celebrate your successes. And to celebrate who you are, because you are amazing, and God has given you a mix of gifts and abilities that are unique to you.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. You are unique! There is only one you, and you are enough. Don’t try to be someone else, or wish you were someone else. You are YOU! Enjoy being you. That is true freedom!
- Don’t let what others think about you affect you. Know who you are, and what your purpose is, and don’t let anything or anyone get in the way of that. It’s not what others think about you that matters, it’s what YOU think about you that matters!
- Leave the past behind. You cannot move forward if you are holding on to the past. Let the guilt, shame, regrets, go. They will hold you back. Release them. Everyone falls down. Everyone makes mistakes. Learn from them, but don’t hold on to them. Shake them off, and move on to all that life has for you. Focus on the future that you get to create!
- Believe in yourself. Value yourself. Be true to yourself.
- Make good decisions for your life. This is a BIG one which is why I have left it to the last one. Remember the statement my friend makes? Every decision you make is the life you will live. I want you to write that out, and post it somewhere prominent in your home. It’s so important! Every, that is EVERY, decision you make, big or small, is the life you will live. The decisions you make today, affect tomorrow. So EVERY decision you make needs to align with who you are, what you want, where you are going, and how you have planned to get there. You want your choices to take you to your goal, not away from it. So choose well.